Sunday, March 1, 2009

my first Saturday with Gma and Gpa

Yesterday Chad and I had a chance to attend a Focus on the Family simulcast conference, Focus on Your Marriage, at Centenary UMC in Granville. Our college friends Kyle and Michelle Martin were able to go with us, so the four of us had some much needed, quality "adult time." The grandparents kept all the kiddos at our respective homes so that we could go out for the day. We all had a great time and from the sounds of things so did the kids! Just as Chad and I were heading to bed last night we received an email from Gracie . . . 

Hi Dad and Mom! 
I just want to thank you for asking Gpa and Gma to keep me today. We had so much fun together. So . . . if I seem a little tired tonight, I want to explain why. Here's how my first official day of staying with Gma  and Gpa all by myself went. I hope you enjoy my story! 

After you, Kyle and Michelle left, Gma gave me a bottle to get my day started. I

 was a little fussy because my tummy hurt, but she understood. Of course Gpa kept trying to come rescue me. They gave me so much attention! I thought you and dad were bad about that, but seriously, Gma and Gpa are unbelievable. I think they really love me! After my bottle I played on the floor with them. We had a big
time with the elephant on my play mat.Gpa seemed to like that animal the best! I belly laughed and had fun. I also got to sit in my Bumbo and play with the rattle Gma made me for Christmas. I love that rattle. The bell makes me smile. It reminds me of Christmas Eve and the Polar Express. 

After playing a little while I laid in my pack and play with my head up on the Boppy. It made my b
elly feel a little better. Gpa eventually took me upstair
s and rocked me because I was having a tough time with air in my
belly. After Gma got out of the shower she dressed me in my pink bibs and striped sweater. I looked so cute. At least that's what they told me! 




After I got dressed I laid in my crib and Gma and I played with my giraffe.
I love that giraffe. I just smiled and cooed.It felt good to take a little rest in my crib and have fun with my favorite stuffed animal. Of course I listened to music which helped me relax even more. Gma and Gpa also sang to me, danced with me and read to me. 

My favorite book today was Peek-A-Boo I Love You. Gma also told me Hickory Dickory Dock and Mary Had a Little Lamb. Those nursery rhymes sure do make me smile. Gma said I will be reading before I know it. I am so excited. 

Gma and Gpa then put me in my car seat so we could go for a ride to pick up Gma's car at the Lexus dealership. I fel asleep in the car. Gpa is a good driver and kept me very safe. After we got Gma's car Gma and Gpa finally got to get some lunch at Panera Bread. I let them get started with their lunch and then I decided I really needed Gma to hold me. So, Gma quit eating and got me out of my car seat. For some reason she told me not to tell Daddy and Mommy!  She said something about me being too spoiled?!?! After lunch we drove around to look at houses in the neighborhood for a little while. Sorry to say, Gma and Gpa didn't find a house . . . I sure do wish they lived closer. They are so much fun! 


 After our car ride in Howard Honda we came home.I was very hungry so Gma mad me a bottle while I helped Gpa work on some legal document. Boy, Gpa is so smart! 
Gma then took me into the living room and the big rocking chair to feed me. Of course she gave me my Zantac like mommy and daddy 
before I had my bottle. I kind of spit it back out a little, it didn't taste that good. I did pretty well with my bottle but still had some pain about thirty minutes after I ate. Gma and Gpa walked with me, sang to me, and of course swaddled and cuddled me. That is what I liked best. I sure did have fun with Gma and Gpa! I'm glad that you and daddy feel good about leaving me with them. They sure smile lots when they are with me. Gma thinks I might need to get some sunglasses very soon, something about the glow that comes off the two of them when they are with me :0) 

All my love, Gracie 


No comments:

Post a Comment