Tuesday, March 24, 2009

We had a big weekend :)


This weekend was great! Mommy and Daddy had a really hectic week, but they found time to tell me all about March Madness. I love it! Daddy even helped me fill out my first bracket for his pool at school I know I'm not supposed to watch T.V. but I love to watch bBall with Daddy and Mommy. We watched a lot of games between Thursday and Sunday. I am getting stronger so I sat on the couch to watch for a little while.

On Friday I got to watch bBall with Aunt Ha. She came to play with me while Mommy and Daddy were at work. I love playing with her. After my morning nap and some lunch we watched more basketball, but Aunt Ha said this was high school basketball. The girls team at Mommy's old high school were playing in a tournament. Nana Donna, Great Aunt Carolyn, Great Aunt Sharon, and Cousin Renee stopped to see me on their way to the game. It was fun meeting more of my family. A little while later, Gma and Gpa stopped by and brought me a shirt to wear. It was Mommy's and I looked pretty cute in her old Black Bears shirt - at least that's what they told me! 

On Saturday I went to visit Gma and Gpa at their house. We watched 
more basketball and they played with me lots. Someone is always talking to me and trying to get me to talk to them. I try, but sometimes what I want to say just won't come out the way I want it to. I smile a lot and I gurgle, squeal, and jibber-jabber trying to tell them how much I love playing and spending time with them. I got to see Mamaw and Papaw O too, I tried to talk and play with them, but I was a little tired by the time I got to their house. We ate pizza there too and had lots of fun before I came home to go to bed.


Sunday afternoon we celebrated Papa Herb's 75th birthday. We went to church at Roscoe UMC where Joel Mason delivered a great message about being brave and standing up for Jesus even when it seems scary. He did a good job! 
I got to meet Uncle Rick and my cousins Stephanie, Callie, and Renata. I didn't get to see them at Christmas, but I'm glad I met them on Sunday. Nana Donna made a yummy lunch, I can't wait to eat her food, and Gma made Papa a German Chocolate cake, which they said is his favorite, but that nana won't let him 
have it very often. I snuggled with Papa for a little bit before lunch and then Nana Donna wanted a turn after she got the kitchen all cleaned up. I am so thankful that I have such a loving family. I am so blessed. 

I get to stay home with mommy this week so I will probably be posting again soon. Have a great week everyone!
xoxo, Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment